If there is one thing that I enjoy about writing, it is the adventure that comes with weaving a story, no matter how long or short, from a Creative Writing Prompt.
Rules: (You will need a piece of paper, a penny and a pen for this exercise…and a clock.)
- Using the picture above, one of your choosing, or one from my Pinterest Board, create three columns on your piece of paper, one titled Heads, Center and Tails.
- In the Heads column, writing down 10 things you LIKE about the image.
- In the Tails column, write down 10 things you DON’T LIKE
- In the Center column write down 5 things to improve the picture and 5 things to make it worse.
- Now comes the penny: Do a coin toss. If the penny lands on Heads, start writing your prompt with the first item/thought in the Heads column. If Tails, the same rule applies
- After 3 to 5 minutes flip the coin again to add in another item from one of your columns NOTE: IF YOU HAVE A REPEAT OF YOUR FIRST COIN TOSS AS IN A HEADS AGAIN, THEN YOU ARE NOW TO USE SOMETHING FROM YOUR CENTER COLUMN
- Repeat this sequence for 15 to 30 minutes until you write THE END (You can also create a poem should you choose to do so.)
TIME: 15 to 30 minutes
If you choose to participate, please add a link to your post to this original posting, and feel free to share with others!
I will post my results next week!
Write on? Right on!